Monday, September 20, 2010

Pantry Antics

This weekend was great. With family in town Greg and I were able to process the apples, carrots and tomatoes out of our garden and freeze most of them, while making tomato sauce (and freezing that) for lack of anything better to do with our plethora of tomatoes. Gwen, of course loved it as well.

However, I feel the hectic pace of life catching up with me. Usually a fantastic cook, I sprinkled flour instead of powdered sugar on everyone’s German Pancakes (no one said anything), and accidentally baked the bread in the bowl on its second rise.

Gwen loved all the extra time in the kitchen and was continuously locking herself in the pantry, and then panicking when she couldn’t get out. Not being one to learn from mistakes, she continued and continued to do this much to the annoyance of everyone in the household (except Garrison, who was probably fairly pleased with the new activity). Then, the inevitable happened. She had been with me, and then she wasn’t, and I didn’t think much of it initially. After a few minutes I heard pounding on the pantry door. Exasperated I opened it quickly and had a Flying Toddler enter my kitchen with stunning speed. I don’t know how she did it, it appeared she had springs attached to her shoes she came bounding out of there so quickly.

Lesson learned? Of course not, silly reader. That’s not how Gwen operates. I’m sure she’ll be right back at it tonight. Prediction? In the near future pinched fingers and much more drama will also be involved. We’ll see if I’m right.

No comments:

Post a Comment