Sunday, July 18, 2010

Who?

Sitting around the table tonight, Greg and I realized that Gwen was confusing 'good' with her name. For example, ask her how she is, and she's very likely to exclaim 'Gwen!'. So Greg worked with her on her name during dinner. Alternating between 'what's your name?' and 'how are you?' Gwen quickly picked up on this and then the two of them started working on everyone elses name. Greg asked 'what's MY name?' and Gwen excitedly said 'Daddy!!!!' then, 'What's YOUR BROTHER'S name?' 'GARRISON!!!!' and lastly, pointing to me, 'And who's THAT?'

'ICE TEAAAA!!!'

Somewhat surprised, Greg said 'no...who's THAT?' Pointing a little more clearly at me.

'LADYBUG!'

He whispered 'Mommy' to give Gwen a hint. At which Gwen whispered back 'mommy' at him. Then Greg pointed at me. 'Who's that?'

'LADYBUG!!!!'

Though Gwen says my name often and some days incessantly, clearly when she doesn't have a complaint, owwie, or empty tummy, my name escapes her completely and she reverts to 'Ladybug'.

All this hard work is definitely paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment