Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Checking in

For New Years I made two resolutions. One was to blog more and the other was to relax a bit on life, and not be so incredibly driven that I swamp myself in activities.

Interestingly, in the first two weeks of January I’ve had to shelf one resolution temporarily while meeting the other. Both kids were sick the first week of January, and my youngest had some problems with the aftermath of the flu. Caring for him recently has been a somewhat worrisome, sleepless ordeal over the past 5 days which has cumulated into ‘watching him closely’ and carefully giving him little amounts of formula until his system reboots.

Really, I’d rather do much more. Buy medicine, take him on walks, give specialized massages until his stomach works again, research all the right herbs, design a concoction and give it to him until he feels better.

He’s too young for much of any of that though, so I sit and wait. Listen to him cry, get thrown up on, change his sheets, wish I was able to change more diapers (he’s dehydrated) and wait.

So if you are a reader of this blog, unfortunately you must wait too. I have stories to tell and pictures to post, but everything is on hold until my little boy improves.

So greetings to all those out there in the blogosphere, I’ll talk to you soon.

~Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment