Friday, July 30, 2010

Morning!

Greg is in DC this week on business so it's just me and the kids. Gwen loves the vacant bed space and is taking maximum advantage of this new opportunity. She crawled into bed with me at 4 this morning (after I fed Garrison at 3:30). She was pretty content to snuggle for about an hour, and then she became impatient. “Mommy, wake up, I want bottle”. I said sure, I’d get it in a second. Then she got all demanding “MOOOM EEEE. WAKE UP. I want bottle NOW.” (Her vocabulary is becoming quite impressive!). I rolled over away from her. At which point she climbed onto my side, sat on me, and started bouncing while reciting; “WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP”. Her annoying little chant soon became a song and I know there was no going back to sleep.

Luckily, my coffee was on autobrew so I grabbed a cup to start the day while heating up her milk. At which point I got in the shower while SHE reclined in bed surrounded by pillows for another half hour.

Life just isn’t fair sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment